Slime is a children’s jelly-like toy that does not have a permanent shape. In the free state, it spreads over the plane, but it easily takes any shape if you stretch it in your hands. There are many recipes for making these toys yourself. Today we will look at how to make a slime with glue and toothpaste at home.
Slime with PVA glue and toothpaste
This is one of the most common recipes. You can use almost any paste, but it is better to avoid multi-component and bleaching compositions.
You can change the color of the slime using gouache or food dyes, adding them better at the first stage of cooking, mixing with PVA glue until you get the desired color.
Preparation begins with preparation. Regardless of the recipe, you will need a container for connecting the components and a mixing tool. In most cases, an ordinary spoon and a deep plate will do.
Slime recipe with no contact solution
When preparing this slime, a minimum of ingredients is used:
- PVA glue.
Easy recipe for making slime with PVA glue and toothpaste
It is better to use fresh PVA glue and paste without solid particles:
- First, you need to squeeze the toothpaste into the dish, the size of the finished slime will depend on its quantity;
- Add glue to the paste, in the proportion of 1/3 of the total volume;
- Mix thoroughly to make the substance homogeneous;
- Cool, it is best to put in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes;
- When the workpiece has cooled, you need to get it and stretch it to give plasticity. Slime is ready!
The difficulty lies in the fact that this technology completely lacks a contact solution. Activation occurs by cooling the product at the last stage.
How to make slime with sodium tetraborate
To facilitate the work, you can buy sodium tetraborate (boric acid). This derivative of boric acid, used as an antiseptic, is sold as a liquid solution in almost every pharmacy at a price of 2 to 10 USD. Only a few drops of the solution will be needed to make the toy. The procedure will be as follows:
- In the container, you need to pour the glue, toothpaste and dye, mix to get the desired shade.
- Add one or two drops of tetraborate and mix, if necessary, add a few more drops. Continue until the desired viscosity is obtained.
Then just get the ready slime from the container.
With shaving cream
This recipe is easy to prepare and high performance, because the volume of the finished slime depends on the amount of foam:
- The first step is to pour the glue into the prepared bowl.
- Then add the toothpaste and mix until smooth.
- Next, add the shaving foam, stirring the solution. Repeat this step until the mixture is thick.
- Then you need to get the product out of the container and start kneading. Feel free to crumple and pull the toy. It is worth continuing until the elasticity increases. As soon as the substance has become viscous and soft – slime is ready.
With PVA glue and soda
This is one of the most budget recipes for making slime. Needs:
- A bottle of PVA glue;
- Glass of water;
Soda will play the role of a contact solution, and water will help it mix with the glue:
- The first step is to pour the glue into the container and make sure it is homogeneity. Add the toothpaste to the bowl with the glue.
- Then, in another container, pour half a teaspoon of soda into a glass of water and also mix.
- Then pour the water into the glue, constantly stirring the solution until a homogeneous jelly-like mass is obtained. If the composition is too liquid, you will need to add a little more soda.
- After the product should be placed on a napkin to remove excess water.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes, then move the slime into a cellophane bag and knead thoroughly.
The slime’s softness and ductility depend directly on the last step.
Shampoo slime recipe
For this recipe, you will need a package with a tight clasp:
- You need to pour the glue into the bag.
- Then add the shampoo to the package, but not more than 1/3 of the total weight.
- Add toothpaste as a contact solution.
- Next, knead the mixture in the bag until it is completely mixed.
- Then get the slime out of the bag and stretch it again in your hands.
How to make slime with dishwashing detergent
Order of actions:
- Pour a little (50-100ml.) of dishwashing detergent into the prepared container.
- Add a few pinches of baking soda, it is better to add gradually, because a large amount of the mixture will quickly thicken.
- Next, add the toothpaste. It is not recommended to use bleaching agents, as they can cause an allergic reaction.
- Stir until smooth and viscous.
- To improve the ductility, it can be placed in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
How to make slime with glue stick and toothpaste
- The first step is to prepare the glue stick for work. To do this, remove the glue from the package and cut it into small pieces and place it in the microwave to make it liquid. For later use, it will need to be cooled.
- Then you need to squeeze half a tube of toothpaste into another container. It is better not to squeeze out everything at once, so that you can change the proportions.
Cut the glue stick into small pieces:
- Then add the glue by a tablespoon, stirring the mixture. Continue until the mass becomes thick and begins to move away from the walls.
- Next, the workpiece should be cooled by placing it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- After curing, the toy should be taken in hand and carefully knead until a characteristic slime`s ductility.
If you can’t make a slime
If all the actions are performed correctly, but the result is far from expectations, then most likely the problem is in the ingredients. Often the fault is overdue or low-quality glue. Try using Attache PVA glue, it usually doesn’t cause any problems.
If problems arise during the making process, for example, the slime is not sticky and looks more like a liquid, then you should add a contact solution used according to the recipe.
In any case, the cooking process can be repeated, using new colors and decorations to create your own unique home slime.